10/31/2009

all apologies



Everyone can have their own interpretation to this song, and I know the writer would have to, and so do I - depending on my mood at the time. When I listen to this song now, I feel like so much of the time I find myself apologizing for things. God knows I'm not perfect, I mess up a lot, but I do try hard. Sometimes it feels like no one in the world understands me, people get the wrong idea or assume wrongly about me or misconstrue what I say or something. It's always something. But, no matter what, God is always there for me, to turn to, talk to, be comforted by, get understanding and peace, knowing He's got my back and will get me through whatever. He always loves and understands me, even if no one else did. I guess what keeps me going all the time is knowing that and having the hope that somehow I'm important here and I'm helping out in some way. The end of the song says, "all alone is all we are." Well, in a way we are all alone when it comes to facing God because at the end of the day we all have to face God on our own. We can't hide behind anything, everything is bared bones and the complete truth of who we are is revealed. But, with Jesus, we are never really alone because He stands with us. "Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord (Jesus) will be saved." (Romans 3:23)

No comments:

The Greatest Story Ever Told

¡Esta Fue Tu Vida!