6/16/2011

Thoughts on Free Time

Secular entertainment (movies, tv, music, books) can be okay just as long as you can benefit from it and it doesn't crowd out God's Word and Presence from your life. It's like junk food. It's okay to a certain extent, but if that's what you're eating most of the time then it's not good. It needs to be the other way around. Good food mostly, junk food partly. I see it the same with secular and Christian entertainment. We should surround ourselves with God's Word and try to stick mostly with Christian entertainment, with just some secular entertainment that we can benefit from. That's how I see it. When I eat mostly junk food (surround myself with mostly secular entertainment) I feel deprived, lacking. I need to surround myself with Godly things and His Word.

Finally, brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure, acceptable, or commendable. Philippians 4:8
[GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)]

No comments:

The Greatest Story Ever Told

¡Esta Fue Tu Vida!