5/13/2010

Not "Overly Religious"

from c28.com

Robert came in the store and was looking for a ring. As he was checking out, God told me to ask him if he had ever personally asked Jesus in his heart.

He said he'd gone to church off and on throughout his life and believed in God but wasn't "overly religious". I showed him the "No Religion" sticker and explained the difference between religion and relationship then I went on to explain how sin separates us from God and we need an advocate to go to heaven. I told him what Jesus did was for everyone but we need to receive it.

I gave him an analogy of a man who had fasted but then needed to prepare for a marathon. I said if you need nourishment and I have it in plenty but don't offer it to you and you don't receive it, it won't do you any good. I told him going to church, being a good person, reading the bible, being baptised, etc. doesn't save us and that we need to be born again to go to heaven. I asked if he wanted to pray to receive Christ and he said yes.

Afterward, he talked to me about how he ran marathons. How cool is that? God knew that about him and put it on my heart to use it as an example but I had no idea. I gave him a New Believers bible and walked him through it.

Now Robert is prepared and excited to help his friends and family come to know Jesus!

No comments:

The Greatest Story Ever Told

¡Esta Fue Tu Vida!