9/19/2009

The Dark Night Of The Soul

"You have to pass through a dark night of the soul. Everyone does, including you. A time comes when what you have always believed is true melts away underneath you. When you cast in doubt even the most obvious, the most simple. When it seems that dark night is all around, and you are all alone. Take heart, this journey through abyss is the final barrier before your emergence into the heavenly light of a new synthesis of your being. God is waiting for you on the other side."

I thought this came only once in a person's life, but I think it comes through every major period of tribulation in a person's life. Just when I thought I've seen it all, I find myself getting put through it over and over again. Why has my life always been so full of such extreme challenges and tribulations? Oddly enough, I think there is something special about that. I used to think it was a curse, but now I see it as a blessing in disguise. What the devil wants to use in order to hurt me, God takes it and turns it into a blessing. Wow, so amazing really. It still doesn't change the fact that it's very scary and painful to go through. Why would anyone want to go through a dark tunnel not knowing what's going to happen? But, the result is a major blessing. You will get through it and you will come out on top. So, here I go again through the valley of troubles so that I will again claim victory on that mountain-top. Only God working through me can enable me to be able to say all that.

No comments:

The Greatest Story Ever Told

¡Esta Fue Tu Vida!