6/03/2009

Some Of My Favorite Christian Songs


"East To West" by Casting Crowns. This song is very important to me. I first caught wind of it a couple of years ago when someone sang it at church. I had no idea who originally did the song. So, I tried to scribble some lyrics down, went on the Internet to search for the song and then found out it is by Casting Crowns. I also started to really begin getting interested in listening to Christian music around this time and I heard this song on Christian radio all the time. It became my favorite song and I really felt like I could relate to the lyrics of Casting Crowns' songs. This song really emulates what I was feeling at that time in my life and for a long time after-wards. Praise the Lord for those Christians who are not afraid to tell you how they really feel, but being hopeful and standing on the Word of God at the same time.

"Jesus Freak" by DC Talk. This song is all about being proud of Jesus and not being afraid to stand out in the crowd for Him, no matter what anyone else thinks.

"Strong Tower" cover version by Kutless. This song is a good rock song about God being our rock and our fortress that we can always run to in time of need.

"By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North. This song is about how God is always on our side and near to us, and that we are never alone. And, it is also about how foolish it is to run away from God and that there is nothing better to run to than God.

"Alive" by P.O.D. (Payable On Death). This song was very popular in the mainstream music world back in 2001-2002. This song just plain rocks. It's about how God makes us feel and know that we are truly alive in Him, and we're not afraid to embrace His love and truth.

"I Will Not Be Moved" by Natalie Grant. This song is about just what the title says. I will not be moved away from my rightful position as a strong child of God who has His love, forgiveness, truth and power.

"I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe. Enormous contemporary Christian music hit. It's probably on the Top Ten List of Best Christian Songs Of All-Time for many Christian music listeners. This song is all about imagining what it would it be like to meet Jesus in Heaven, in all of His infinite glory.

"Hey Hey" by Superchick. This song is very similar to "Jesus Freak." It is all about not being afraid to live out a strong Christian faith, and not living your life to please the haters but Christ instead. Be yourself in Christ.

No comments:

The Greatest Story Ever Told

¡Esta Fue Tu Vida!